Monday 23 September 2013

The Last Glimpse of Summer

A warm, glowing Sunday was unexpectedly presented to us yesterday throwing us into major confusion as I'm sure, like me, you were all beginning to settle down into winter hibernation.
It unnerved me. Do I switch off the heating? Is it acceptable to wear my flip flops again?

We decided to take hold of the situation and have a long walk at around 6pm. We found a conker tree and tried to knock some down but to Luke's dismay, they weren't ripe yet. We wandered through the wood and looked at the nature trail, whilst the sun was slowly setting.

There is something soothing about walking. Me and Luke chat about everything. Things we'd like to do, things upcoming in the future, where we see ourselves in 5 years time. Ben sits in his little push-a-long trike all happy and nosing at everything.

Before the walk, we devoured a bit of home made lemon and olive oil cake that I had made a day or so before. It well down extremely well with a cup of tea (coffee for me!)


However, waking up this morning and opening the curtains told a different story. Gloomy, damp and miserable is how I would describe today.
Looking at the news about the hostage situation in Nairobi is depressing too. I can't watch it too much on the news as it so surreal and whenever something happens like this, I imagine myself with my family in there being trapped and wonder how I'd cope.

By the way, I didn't plan to have a couple of days away from blogging it just sort of happened. I've been retiring to bed early and reading and then falling to sleep early but my batteries don't seem to want to fully recharge.

How did you spend yesterday's sunny Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment