Thursday 19 September 2013

Mustard Stuffed Chicken

This recipe requires minimal ingredients and minimal effort. It should be a staple family mid week meal.

I went to my local butchers to buy my meat this week and to see the price difference. I want to feel good about the food I eat and buying supermarket meat just doesn't appeal to me anymore. Although buying my meat from the butchers was fractionally more expensive, it was worth it for flavour and feel good factor.

Mustard Stuffed Chicken - Serves 4. Good Food recipe found online.

Ingredients
125g ball mozzarella, torn into small pieces
50g strong cheddar, grated
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
8 smoked streaky bacon rashers

Method
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Mix the cheeses and mustard together. Cut a slit into the side of each chicken breast, then stuff with the mustard mixture. Wrap each stuffed chicken breast with 2 bacon rashers – not too tightly, but enough to hold the chicken together. Season, place on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 mins.







 

Trust me - butchers smokey bacon is well and truly worth the money! I served this with mash and veg. I know there is only 2 adults and a toddler in my family at the moment but it's hard to plan meals that are prepared to serve 4 so I usually just make it for 4 and it all usually gets eaten. Don't worry none of it goes to waste!




No comments:

Post a Comment