Tuesday 17 September 2013

3 Year Anniversary

Today marks mine and Luke's 3 year anniversary. It's not a wedding anniversary but still it's important to me. We've come along way in 3 short years and he has stood by me every step of the way.
We haven't had a lot of money to celebrate so on the Sunday just gone, my mum had Ben over night and we just relaxed with a film and had a lie in (as Luke wasn't at work until Monday night) which was a real treat for us!


So tonight when Luke went to work I decided to do some sewing. I've lost my sewing mojo for a while and when I do fancy it, Ben comes over investigating my pins and scissors so I end up putting it all away. And when Ben is put to bed I usually just flop in front of the telly or read my book.
I've got drawers full of scraps of fabric and I have been needing to use up and I started making a bright and funky cushion with the front piece of fabric being covered in the most gorgeous sewing pattern.




Once it is finished it will be 18" and have a vibrant pink bobbly trim. Just looking at it cheers me up! (I know the ruler says 19" inches but that's because you add an inch on all round)
I've just about finished it but I think because of our small house, the sewing machine woke Ben up. And also Midwives came on the telly and it made me feel all broody so I had to watch that instead.
I will reveal the finished item tomorrow.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment