Tuesday 10 September 2013

Latest Library Books

 

Here are a selection of my latest Library Book which I had ordered in for me. This was after seeing my friends business, Potlatch, on facebook as she was making a different salad each day for a week. Suzanne opened Potlatch, a catering service and she can supply for any occasion. Her food photography is mouth watering and the dishes she makes tease those taste buds.

I therefore decided to order a couple of books she used from my local library. This was so I could check them out before I purchase them. They aren't the cheapest of cook books on amazon so it would be a shame to pay all that money for it to be a complete waste. I really recommend this library feature! I simply log in to my online library account, search hundreds and thousands of books, select a few and request they be sent to my local library at a cost of 20p per book. The library then call you once they have arrived and it usually only takes a couple of days. Money well spent in my opinion.

The first book is Harry Eastwood - A Salad for all Seasons. A wonderful book and a wonderful author who has a couple of other books called The Skinny French Kitchen (love this idea) and Red Velvet Chocolate Heartache. Initially, you think salads = boring and unfulfilling however Harry's concoctions are truly enticing and I promise you that she will convert you into a salad lover!

The second book, Leon by Kay Plunkett-Hogge and John Vincent is a whirlwind of retro excitement in paper form. The format is much like that of the old fashioned cook books but the ideas are so fresh, alternative and exciting. I have wanted to visit one of their restaurants for a while and this cook book has reinforced this want tremendously!

Finally, Plenty by Yotam Ottolenghi. I have heard so many good reviews about this book. It is a vegetarian cook book and there are some extremely unusual ideas thrown in there. They do look tantalising but I am not sure they would be suitable for family meals and the recipe's require numerous ingredients, some of which I would not know where to source. This is definitely not for frugal families! Therefore, I would not be interested in buying this book.

I hope this post has encourged you to pick out a few different cook books and to try them before you buy them! You can always hire them from your library, scan a couple of the pages that you like and return them.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment