Thursday 12 September 2013

Terrible Two's

 

 

Today has been exhausting. This entire week has been exhausting in fact. Benjamin has been testing me with his terrible two's (even though he isn't actually two yet) and it is wearing me out. Sometimes it is easy to get angry and worked up so I have told myself that this is a normal stage and just to not let it get to me.
The thing is, there are so many things I want to be doing and I can't get at them! I want to write, I want to finish sewing the stack of unfinished projects on my dining table, I want to read books, I want to plan and research Christmas ideas and I want to organise my clothes and have a (spring) Autumn clean. That is the most frustrating thing when you are bursting with eagerness to be crafty and creative and cannot release those feelings.
'Get on with it when he is in bed!' I hear you say. But instead, my motivation fails me as I slump on the sofa and watch some nonsense on telly or scroll aimlessly through Pinterest at things I am never going to make/own/do.
As I felt particularly fragile this morning after Ben had decorated our cream walls in blue wax crayon, mum came to the rescue and took us out for a bite to eat. Only for Ben to cause havoc and for us to leave early. We retreated home and as Ben played with his new spinning top momentarily, I turned to baking a chocolatey treat to inject me with much needed energy.
I feel the bottom image is appropriate as it is my favourite cushion I have made so far and looking at it makes me feel cheery. I know I can sew and my time will come again when I am able to do all of the above list and more. But for now, my attention is for Benjamin and keeping him occupied.

X



No comments:

Post a Comment