Tuesday 10 September 2013

Garden Centre Antics

 



As Luke is on night's this week and didn't start until Monday night, it meant that we had most of Monday together. And because I had been at work Friday, Saturday and Sunday it was nice to not have to worry about anything.
We decided to have a wander round our local garden centre in Little Eaton and get some inspiration. I know Summer is mostly over but it's nice to see the winter plants and they also have a Green and Brown store who supply local and seasonal produce and they also supply artisan foods from smaller producers. It's my heaven basically.
I bought a Leek for last night's Mary Berry Leek, Mushroom and Chicken Pie and we used leftover chicken from our Sunday dinner. I bought a lemon to zest into tonight's dinner or Prawn Linguine. I bought a lime to add to my Friday's slow cooker fruity curry. Luke sneakily added in some white choc chip biscuits for an afternoon treat and just as we were near the check out I spotted the luxurious hot chocolate! Well it is Autumn after all!
On the way home we drove into Starbucks where I bought a takeout Hazelnut Latte, then we retreated back home in this gloomy dark weather to relax for a while.

You will also notice I bought some bird seed, which I have an exciting plan for. (It's exciting to me okay!) and I can't wait to share with you my crafty delights.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment