Monday 26 August 2013

What Bank Holiday's are all about

It feels like I haven't stopped today! My head hurts and my eyes are droopy. I think it has been quite humid today don't you? And muggy. I like the word muggy.

This morning I did an 8am food shop, came home and made a peaches and cream cake (recipe here) it took me a while to make and completely flopped. I've lost my baking mojo. The idea sounded amazing; classic vanilla super soft sponge mix, raspberry jam spread below a clotted cream layer which had been whisked into a frenzy with sugar and vanilla, topped with an upside down layer of sponge and juicy peaches. I wanted to call it a Peach Melba Cream Cake but I think the peaches were just too juicy and it all collapsed. So I decided to call it Peach Mess. You've got to give your cake a name!!

After cleaning up the mess, putting 3 loads of washing on and out to dry, sweeping all the floors and polishing the whole house I then nipped to see Luke's grandma as it was her birthday yesterday. (Luke was at work today, he wasn't just making me do all the jobs..) Then I went to Luke's parents where all his siblings and partners and children gathered and we had a BBQ. It was a lovely afternoon/evening.

My favourite moments of the day?
1) Over indulging in too much cake
2) Having a long awaited catch up with Luke's family
3) Benjamin getting excited as he spotted aeroplanes flew overhead.

My least favourite moment of the day?
1) My stupid cake that didn't turn out how I wanted it too. And yes I am sulking about this!

I hope you all had a glorious Bank Holiday Monday whatever you did

X

1 comment:

  1. Cake sounds lovely. Don't worry if sometimes they don't work out. Just get back in the kitchen and make something you've made before to get your confidence back. We've all been there!! xx

    ReplyDelete