Tuesday 20 August 2013

Pinterest

Still so many people I talk to haven't heard of Pinterest. Or they have heard of it but haven't looked at it yet. These people are missing out on a world of inspiration, a vast array of spark at their fingertips.

What is Pinterest you may ask? It is basically an online, virtual pinboard where you can search a handful of categories such as 'Home Decor', 'Travel', 'Health and Fitness' and so many more. From there it will reveal hundreds maybe even thousand of 'pins' which can inspire you and which you can, in turn, pin back onto your own customised pinboards.

For example, I have my own pinboard called 'I want to Make' and onto this board, I usually search through the 'DIY & Crafts' category and attach any of the 'pins' that get my creative juices flowing.

The pins can be clicked on and usually have a link back to the original website or blog it came from.



Does this all sound confusing? How can this benefit you?

In so many ways, it can open your eyes to so many new ideas which can influence your lay to day life. It can help offer you inspiration for a wedding or party, provide quick and simple exercise regimes and portray the latest beauty tips.

It can also help if you have your own business. It has plenty of marketing and packaging ideas, free fonts, business tools and tips and ideas to help you along your way. You can also advertise on Pinterest and people can attach it to their own pinboards to spread the word.

Did I mention people can follow you?

Yes, if they like the look of your pinboards they can choose to follow you as they obviously like what they see. You can also follow other people's boards. Usually, if you like one person's pinboard you're usually on the same wavelengths as them and end up following all their boards.

I do find I can spend hours on Pinterest and whilst it is exciting to look for new inspiration it is equally important to remember to look back at all the pins you already have attached to your boards.

You do have to sign up through Facebook but it doesn't post anything on your profile or news feed. I wouldn't sign up if it did! You can take a look at my Pinterest here! And even follow my boards if you fancy.

Why not share your boards so we can all have a look?

X


No comments:

Post a Comment