Thursday 1 August 2013

Holiday Reading

You know that feeling when you have so much to do but not enough time and you secretly want to run away and hide. Yep? Well I'm feeling like that today. Saturday we go on holiday, tomorrow I am at work from 11-6 which leaves today as my main day to do everything.

And with Benjamin around I find it so difficult. Today I brought the suitcase down and began packing but Ben thought it was hilarious to empty everything out of it and get inside himself. I ironed all the clothes ready and Ben decided to knock all the piles of clothes over. So I decided to give up and focus on my holiday reading list instead. Procrastination I know.

My friend over at (A)My Space regularly does book reviews. It's not often you find a kindred spirit, someone who shares similar tastes in the same books as you but everything she has reviewed I want to read! The way she describes them too are brilliant. You must head on over and check her out.

I want to finish Khaled Hosseini - And The Mountains Echoed which is what I am currently reading. I will do a proper review once I have finished it but I'm almost half way through and I'm not as gripped as I have been with his past books.
I have also just bought The Sea Sisters by Lucy Clarke, which was reviewed and recommended by Amy and it sounded too good not to miss!




Even though I'm putting together my holiday reading, I doubt I will actually have time to read. I mean I won't be able to take my eyes off Benjamin near the pool or the sea as I don't want him to drown or get lost! I remember my mum used to moan when me and my younger sister were little because she couldn't relax at the beach as she was always keeping an eye on us. Now I understand!

But anyway, these are the books I will be taking and I will be sure to let you know how I get on!

What is on your holiday reading list? Are you the same with your children?

TTFN

X

2 comments:

  1. Excellent reading choices.
    'And The Mountains Echoed' does not grip as much as the author's previous books, I so agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, you are so sweet - thank you! I am yet to read this book, but it's on my list!
    Have a fab holiday lovely xx

    ReplyDelete