Thursday 29 August 2013

Fruity Foraging!








 

What a lovely day we have had whilst blackberry foraging! Although the sun couldn't make up its mind at points, the air was still warm and it was easy to spot the bursting juicy blackberry bushes.

We visited Elvaston Castle, which is about 5-10 minutes away from us and through the secret, windy and overgrown walkways we discovered a bounty of blackberries, untouched and ready to be picked. It was literally like a treasure chest of gold, except in fruit form!

My mum led the way as she used to come here every year and is now showing me where the loot is. We came away with over 2 pounds of blackberries - imagine how much that would have cost if we bought it from the supermarket!

My mum's friend also passed on 5 generous sized brambley cooking apples that collected in her garden, how kind! I have lots of plans for these blackberries and apples and I will share with you when I make some deserts. I'm thinking when winter is truly upon us we will definitely be needing some fruity, crumbly goodness? Don't you?

X

No comments:

Post a Comment