Friday 2 August 2013

Un Slip de Bain

Skimpy swimming trunks is what my title says and I will explain all in due course.

Later on this afternoon we are departing for our holiday. I am so very excited! This afternoon about 6pm we will drive down to Portsmouth and stay overnight (we are leaving so late so that Ben will sleep the most part) and tomorrow morning around 6am we catch the Fastcat Ferry to Le Havre in France. We are driving down through Le Mans, where we will stop off and have an amble round and then continue to Les Sables in Southern Vendee.

But earlier this week whilst looking through the paper work we came across a shocking piece of information. Men are only allowed to wear skimpy swimming trunks in any private pool and this applies to the location we are staying at. Now, every year we usually stay in the lovely Nice, Southern France and have never heard of such law. Oh yes, did I forget to mention it is actually a law?

Whilst searching an article about it on the Economist, I couldn't actually find a definite reason for it but the general gist is that it is to do with hygiene i.e you can walk around all day in swimming shorts and then jump into the pool and someone else actually suggested it was because they don't want to say any 'dangly bits' but I'm not quite sure how that is possible?

Now a lot of you will probably have heard of this law but I hadn't and we were totally unprepared. My dad is also coming with us on holiday and neither Luke or my dad are, well, lets say of skinny build so they were rather apprehensive about this discovery.

Also as French law, as we are driving down we have had to make sure we have a car bulb change kit, breathalyser kit and a GB sticker. Thank goodness we already have a high vis jacket and a triangle!

The reason I am writing this mundane post is to ensure you know exactly what to take or not to take, what you can wear or what you can't at your holiday destination. Make sure you read the paperwork as it might be in the small print.

Now, this is my last post until I return from my holiday next Sunday 11th August so don't miss me too much.
Don't worry I will post lots of pictures of my beautiful tan, which consists of my freckles joining into one and my nose being burnt.

I had better get practising my French...

AU REVOIR!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment