Sunday 28 July 2013

What's in MY Make Up Bag?

Would you like to know what is in my make up bag?
 

Everyday
 

I don't use too many products - just a few key things. I used to wear so much including foundation, base powders, eye concealers, face concealers and in the end I just couldn't put up with the time it took to apply, the time it took to remove and the expense of it all! Here is what I wear on a daily basis.


From top to bottom: Benefit Eye Bright, Dior Shimmer Powder 001, Maxfactor False Lash Effect Mascara, The Body Shop Blusher brush, Rimmel Hide the Blemish Concealer Ivory 001, Autograph Illuminating Touch Light.

Benefit Eye Bright
I actually got this free in a magazine but I will definitely be buying this again. It lasts ages too. You simple apply a few smudges to the inside corner of your eye and it will highlight them, 'brighten' them and for someone with small-ish eyes like me it does wonders!

Dior Shimmer Powder
A friend once introduced me to this and I will never be without it. Its a blusher and cheek highlighter all in one and really makes your skin dazzle. I have had so many compliments on this and it shows well on pretty much any skin tone. They also do this in a bronze shade.

Maxfactor False Lash Effect Mascara
I have used almost every single expensive, top end mascara such as Dior, Chanel, Bobbi Brown and MAC but as I am now on more of a budget I think this is one of the best high street buys. Bit of an all rounder - adds length and gives a neat finish.

Rimmel Hide the Blemish Concealer
This was the first ever concealer I ever bought as I have always suffered with spots/red blotches etc and has a brilliant retail price of just under £5 I believe. I have strayed occasionally to try something new but I always come back to this. It just does the job.

M&S Autograph Illuminating Touch
This product is AMAZING. If you are someone that uses YSL Touche Eclat on a daily basis you will love this. I have always used Touche Eclat just to give that extra radiance but I was getting fed up of paying so much (even though I did like having this in my make up bag - its so pretty!) so I found a cheaper alternative in Marks and Sparks Autograph Beauty Range. You won't be able to tell the difference and it's a steal at £9.50!


Evening
 
I don't wear all of the below items on an evening out. I mix and match depending on the occasion i.e. meal, bar, night out etc. It's amazing just what a lick of lipstick can do to spruce up your evening look. 



From top to bottom: L'oreal Super Liner Carbon Gloss, MAC lipstick in Creme Cup, Chanel eyeshadow pallet in 14 Mystic Eyes, Dior Ultra-Gloss in 856 Flash, Eyelash curlers, L'oreal bronzer duo in 101 Blonde Harmony and Rimmel Soft Kohl Eye Pencil in 061 Jet Black.

L'oreal Super Liner Carbon Gloss
Okay so I don't use this item all that much but I know its an essential to own a liquid eyeliner. I have the hope to one day master the art of those lustrous lines and cat like flicks. Too be honest, my eyes are too small and it just makes them look smaller. Maybe one day.

MAC Lipstick
I got this in June for my birthday and its a really lovely shade. Its a creamy dusty pink colour and can be worn everyday but actually really works for a subtle night look.

Chanel Eyeshadow Pallet
I have show a picture below of the colours and you can use a combination of whichever you want. I chose colours that would work for day and night and the bottom left is a sort of sheer sparkle. Every girl needs evening sparkle!

Dior Ultra-Gloss
I absolutely love this colour however I bought it just as matt lips were becoming the in thing. I should wear it more and I know 'what's cool' shouldn't matter but, the truth is, my hair sticks to my lips too much when I wear this. It bugs me.

L'oreal Bronzer Duo
Such a staple in my make up bag. I use it on holiday, nights out, in winter and in summer and really warms up my skin tone.

Rimmel Eye Pencil
I just do a nice thin line around the bottom of my eye close to the eyelashes. It doesn't close my eyes to much and just gives a slight smoky look.

Chanel Eyeshadow Pallet

Before I fell pregnant, I was in a world where I was earning decent money and I pretty much bought whatever I wanted. It allowed me to experiment with the designer products and opened my eyes to what is available and what suits me.
But whilst I am now being savvy and have found some cheaper make up alternatives, there are three things I believe a woman should never compromise on. 1) A good skin care routine 2) Good make up and 3) A good regular hair cut. So I will still put a little money away each week to be able to by my Dior Shimmer Powder because I know it works for me and compliments me. But I will no longer be buying everything else from designer brands. And what appeals to me are new colours, textures and finishes. Products that can be worn for different occasions and products with more than one use. It's all about finding a balance.

TTFN

X

No comments:

Post a Comment