Saturday 13 July 2013

Summer Days

Apologies for the delay in this post. It wasn't my intention but my laptop has died and gone to the repair man. So here I am borrowing my sisters laptop whilst she is on holiday.

I am loving this sunshine but this heat is too much. It is too much for my boy too. We are both fair skinned with strawberry blonde (ok ginger) hair so we have to keep topped up with sun lotion. I don't like it when there isn't one part of the house to escape to for a bit of cool air. I'm just hot and sticky and clammy and every job requires heaps of motivation.


Over the past few days we got the badminton set and paddling pool out at my parents.


Indulged in a BBQ a day. Big juicy beef tomato's, buttery corn on the cob, stone baked baguette, local butchers meat (all courtesy of my parents). We have had so much fun.

I now want to show you a few simple craft projects I've been doing. A Hobbycraft store has finally opened in Derby and it was the opening day today. The first item I was on the hunt for was washi tape after reading Cherry Menlove's blog post on JAM JAR LANTERNS http://www.cherrymenlove.com/crafts-how-tos/2013/02/jam-jar-lanterns-not-just-for-summer.html 
I absolutely love reading Cherry's blog and I am sure you will too. It inspires you to make the most of your home and life.
The jam jar lanterns are so cheap using jars from jam, pickles, chutney and anything else you can think of. All you need is a couple of rolls of washi tape and a tea light and some wire.


I completely forgot to buy some wire as I was in awe looking at everything in the new shop but here is the start of my jam jar lantern. Too be honest it looks just as nice sitting on the table.
If you are after a wider variety of washi tape I have also seen a lot on eBay. The tape I bought was £2 for something like 20 meters. Bargain!


The second inexpensive craft project I was doing was painting some cardboard letters for Ben's room. The letters were 99p each and I used some left over paint from his chest of drawers. The brush I used was a bit naff so you'll see on the close ups it wasn't as neat as I expected.



I then used some miniature buttons which were about £3 which I thought was quite expensive but they were an irresistible finishing touch. I put three on each letter. They make a really nice and cheap decorative touch to his room that I am in the progress of doing up.

Other ideas would be to paint the words 'relax' or 'soak' for the bathroom and 'cake' or 'eat' for the kitchen.

Hope you guys are enjoying the sunshine too!

TTFN

X

No comments:

Post a Comment