Friday 5 July 2013

Present Planning

Come on admit it! I know I'm not the only one thinking about Christmas presents already! (Or am I?)
I know it sounds silly on such a hot day like today but when you have a lot of people to buy for and not alot of money to spend you have to be careful and spread the cost out. I've already made my list of people to buy for (the BF has 4 siblings and each have partners and some have children!) and have started picking up the odd present or two...
Last September I told myself I was making every single present myself to cut the cost down and suddenly it was December and I hadn't made a single thing! So this year I am starting early and attempting to be organised. For once.
As well as Christmas presents, most of our families have their birthdays between September and December. Why oh why! Couldn't people have planned this better for my sake? Anyway, our neice's FIRST birthday is in October and I want to show you something I have made for her. First birthday's are so hard to buy for I think as you don't want to buy something so sentimental it can only be kept in a box and stored away after time. And I don't want to just buy an ornament that is going to sit on a shelf and collect dust. So I (really imaginatively) came up with the idea of bunting.


I know this is only my first post and I haven't told anyone about this blog yet so hopefully her mum won't find this blog and see what I have made. The long sides of the triangles were 7" and the top side was just over 6". The backing was the same colour of the letters and I added cream bias binding. (Yes I know alot of people prefer ribbon tape but I still don't mind binding)


I cut out letters using some carboard alphabet templates I had and attached them using wonderweb (amazing stuff!) I also pinking sheared the edges.

When my son was born I was overwhelmed by the amount of presents he was given but the one that I will always remember is the homemade bunting that a family friend made, personalised with his name on. Obviously everyone's presents had thought go into them but I just felt the bunting was special and that person had spent time deciding what to make. For that reason I am hoping to pass on the same present.

Have you made any presents for Christmas or birthdays yet? It would be lovely to share ideas.

TTFN,

Lindsay xx

No comments:

Post a Comment