Monday 15 July 2013

Holiday Fashion Inspiration

I'm going on holiday at the beginning of August and I am trying to find a few key pieces for my holiday wardrobe. I looked in my wardrobe last night and realised I haven't added anything new to my summer collection for a couple of years now however I have a few problems.

A) I am on a tight budget
B) I am not very good at 'styling' myself
C) I don't like a lot of the styles out there and
D) I have a slim(ish) figure but BIG boobs so I struggle to find anything to fit without creating 'The Shelf' effect. 'The Shelf' is where you where a top that is quite baggy and dangles over your boobs and drops down from there making you look wider than you actually are. Thus 'The Shelf' effect. I also am a size 8/10 everywhere but having bigger boobs means I have to go to a size 12 sometimes. I find in the shops there are either body con dresses/tops or big, baggy tops and nothing in between to flatter your figure.

Now I understand this is not a life or death situation but it is just frustrating because as girls we want to look the best we can, don't we? I am also not a huge fan of crop tops or bandau tops or dresses with bits cut out at the sides. I hate Aztec prints, Neon brights and tie dye prints which seem to be popular at the moment.

I know I am only 23 and this is making me sound older than I am but I like to look classy, feminine and pretty. I'm not good and never have been good at edgy or out of the box styles. So for this years new summer additions I was getting stuck.

For a while I have been perusing Pinterest for some ideas but as soon as I see something I like, the link doesn't show me where to buy it and if it does its from the USA with a huge shipping cost. I was starting to feel at a loss...until I discovered STYLE FRUITS.

Style Fruits is an amazing website which allows readers to log in and create almost mood boards but instead, fashion boards for particular occasions. You can search through party styles and casual styles, evening and business outfits. There are literally hundreds.
If you spot an outfit you like, you simply click on it and it provides you with where each item is from. For example, one fashion board can show you a dress, matching jacket, a bag, nail polish, accessories and shoes that you could wear together. 



It is great for people who, like me, find it hard putting a whole outfit together. Or people that are looking for something a bit different to what they usually where. It also offers garments at really reasonable prices. Sometimes outfits will be made up of sale items and it gives you a great insight into new online clothing retailers.

*This blog post was supposed to include pictures of items I liked however my sisters laptop is playing up too, so once I get my laptop back from the repair man I will add these in.*

Hopefully I have given you something new to explore and might come in handy when at loose ends when trying to find something new.

TTFN

X

No comments:

Post a Comment