Sunday 7 July 2013

Benjamin's Bedroom Inspiration

Hello everyone. (If you are even there?) I don't know about you but I am relishing in this cool evening haze. Don't get me wrong I have loved Mr Sunshine being out today, but there have been points where I think I have literally melted (e.g. when chasing after Benjamin) I also did a 4 hour shift at my part time job and man it was hot. I work at a lovely cafe/delicatessen called Jack Rabbits Kitchen in Derby and work 16 hours per week, which is just enough at the moment. You'll have to google it because it's THE place to go in Derby.


Once I got home from work it was decided we were sorting out Benjamin's room. He surprised us last week by deciding he no longer wanted to go in his cot but wanted to go in his single bed. And as we have a small 2 up 2 down house, there hasn't been a lot of space in his room for a while. So today it was decided that we were taking down his cot. It was a sad moment!! I don't want him to grow up.

Over the next few weeks we are looking to decorate his room and at the moment, I am collecting some inspiration for what I want to do. For those who are unaware, we currently don't have much disposable income at all so everything will be on the cheap. Let me show you a few things I have 'made' so far.


I haven't got a 'before' picture but these were a dark mahogany colour that my parents were throwing out. I loved the style of them so decided to sand it all down and me and the BF spent one night painting it in Delux Satinwood 'Mineral Mist' and added a few knew handles. Et voila - a new, one of a kind chest of drawers.


I also made some bunting out of my dads old work shirts he was throwing out. If you look at men's shirts some have really nice designs especially if you are working on boys craft projects. Add in some thread I already had and a metre and a half of white ribbon tape for under £1 and we have a cheap decorative addition. What do you think?

The single bed that Ben is sleeping in was free as someone the BF knows was chucking out. Admittedly, it isn't the nicest bed. It has very basic frame (no headboard) and a very retro, orange and brown floral mattress. But I tell you what, it is one of the comfiest bed's I have ever slept in!

I'll be doing a few more posts on this with the updates we make. I will show you some more inspiration and also my next project for his room - 2 x large floor cushions to create a reading/nap corner.

Have any of you made something from nothing?

TTFN

X

No comments:

Post a Comment