Saturday 20 July 2013

Quick and Simple

I absolutely love nothing more than getting into a good recipe, cooking a wholesome family dinner from scratch and using fresh ingredients. I rarely use packets or jars of sauce as I like to know what goes into everything I make.

...BUT...

Sometimes you just need that quick, go to dinner that requires no effort or thought. I don't know about you but this heat makes me so lethargic and demotivated. So tonight I am showing you a recipe I use for these occasions. Please excuse the not so perfect recipe pictures.

TUNA FISHCAKES USING 3 MAIN INGREDIENTS.


This recipe is enough to make 10-12 fish cakes. (I usually freeze a couple to bring out for emergency dinners for Ben)

Ingredients
  • 300g pot Coleslaw - any variety you like; low fat, extra creamy etc.
  • Half a bag of mashable potato's
  • 2 x tins of tuna
Firstly boil the potato's and then mash with butter and seasoning (to your taste)


Once mashed, add the whole pot of coleslaw. Looking delicious so far, right?!


Add the tuna, drained of course.


Looking even more appetising? Next, take large golf ball size pieces and flatten on a baking tray.


Bake in the oven 190 degrees for 15 minutes or until a golden brown crust appears.


 

Et voila! Benjamin's portion and an adult portion. You could simply serve these with a summer salad too.

I know this isn't the most exquisite dish its simply something you can throw together in minutes which most families need on the odd occasion!

What's your family go-to quick recipe?

TTFN

X

No comments:

Post a Comment