Thursday 9 January 2014

The Husband's Secret - Liane Moriarty Review

Sourced from Google Images
I flick between the sort of books I like. One moment I'm reading a hard going, educational book about another culture and the next I'm reading an easy read, something thrilling that I look forward to picking up. I really can't deal with chick flicks so to speak, it needs a bit of depth to it, an unusual story line and way of being told.

The Husband's Secret begins with Cecilia Fitzpatrick who discovers a letter in her attic addressed to her from her husband to open only in the event of his death. This alone got me hooked straight away! The story is told from three different viewpoints; Cecilia, Tess and Rachel who are all separate to each other but as the events unfold we discover the links that bind them all together.
Having said that it flicks between three different characters, it isn't at all confusing and we quickly get the jist of the importance of this. As the events unfold, we see the characters reactions and they are completely normal and I had myself thinking, that's probably what I would do in that situation. Sometimes books have characters who you can't relate to unlike this one.
It isn't epic literature that you will always remember but it is a gripping story with an unpredictable ending. It can be read in a short sitting, perfect for a holiday or plane flight or day off work.

I give this book ***4 STARS***

x

No comments:

Post a Comment