Thursday 23 January 2014

My Inspiration

As you can tell from my past couple of posts, I am becoming really interested in Nutrition and Wellness and I am quickly becoming aware of the foods we consume and how they affect our bodies.
I am fascinated by it all and as someone who suffers from very bad skin I am intrigued as to how I can make changes rather than turning to antibiotics but rather to lifestyle and dietary changes.
Someone who is quickly becoming huge inspiration to me is Madeleine Shaw. You can check out her website here. She trained as a Health Coach with the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and now gives advice and guidance to people who want to change their eating habits. Her mantra:
                                     'Enliven the hottest you'
Her website is brilliant and she makes eating healthy look effortless and easy. Some people may be put off by nutritionists because of the jargon and science behind it but Madeleine simplifies it all and shows how accessible it is to everyone.
She uploads tantalising recipes and if you follow her FB page, gives daily inspirational quotes.

I also love Sarah Britton from My New Roots who is a Holistic Nutritionist and Certified Nutrition Practitioner. Her recipes are so enticing and I love browsing through her recipe archive and blog posts.
She travels around the world to offer cooking demonstrations and talks about her training and lifestyle. Just love her style!

Remember Alicia Silverstone? Also known as Clueless? As well as being an actress she is now an activist and conservationist who is now leading a plant based diet. She has emitted dairy and meat from her diet and in her book The Kind Diet she offers insight into her new world and why she has made these choices. She is also about to release another book called The Kind Mama which is kind of self explanatory. Her website The Kind Life shares everything from tasty recipes, to fashion, how to save the planet and raising kids. It's a great all round website with a feel good factor. I definitely recommend this website and book.

Jenna Zoe is my latest love. She is creator of Foods To Love and has a book called 'Super Healthy Snacks and Treats' which I highly recommend. Every page I want to make the recipe and even the sweet treats are good for you! Some of the recipe's contain ingredients which you may not have heard of before but on her website you can order them all in one place.

Last but not least is Therese Kerr, Miranda Kerr's mum. She has her own certified organic personal care line and she believes to have optimum health is to take a holistic approach to wellness and I am starting to believe this too. Her website is full of useful information and she covers all elements: spiritual, mental and physical. Check her out.

I hope this gives you something to have a look at and draw some inspiration from these woman who have all made changes to create a holistic approach to life.



No comments:

Post a Comment