Saturday 2 August 2014

Latest Books

For some reason when Summer appears I slightly lose interest in reading. That's bad isn't it! But because the evenings are light and the days are busy spent out and about, there isn't always that chill out time to get into a good book like there is on gloomy Winter days.

However I have just read two books in the space of a week. They aren't new and I am a bit behind the times on reading them but hey ho.


I really enjoyed Roald Dahl - Boy and can't believe I haven't read it before. It contains tales of his early childhood and portrays how different life was back in the mid 1920's onwards, including the dreaded cane being a regular visitor at school! It was interesting to see where the inspiration for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory came from! Now I want to read Going Solo...


My mum is an avid reader and her bookcase is always choccablock! One day, we reorganised all the books and over half of the books she still hadn't read. She loves reading, but loves buying new books to add to her collection even more!
Anyway, one afternoon when I visited, I was having a nosey in her bookcase and noticed The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole by Sue Townsend. Yes I know I am so behind the times with this one but I wanted to see what all the fuss was about as the reviews on it are raving. Written with daily diary entries I initially thought I would find it hard to read however it so easy to read because the content is hilarious. Although you do feel for poor Adrian Mole, he just makes me laugh without realising it! It's one of those books where when you finish it, you are sad when you remember the character isn't actually real.
I was saddened to hear Sue Townsend has recently passed away and I think it is such a shame as she was an extremely talented writer.

They were both relatively short books and so easy to read. Perfect for summer reading!

Linds x

No comments:

Post a Comment