Saturday 2 August 2014

Boring Baby Blanket Revival

I am planning everything I need for baby and it's one of those times where I don't really need to buy an awful lot but I secretly want a few new things!
I have washed and ironed all of Benjamin's old clothes however have bought the odd item off eBay like a gorgeous boys Cath Kidston 0-3 baby grow which was a bargain.
My next task was sorting through what baby blankets we have (and resisting to buy an awfully expensive but incredibly gorgeous Mamas and Papas knitted blanket!) and although we have enough, I came across a very boring, very plain cream blanket. However it was too soft to recycle so I wondered what I could do to inject a bit of newness into it.





I used one of my dad's old shirts, cut out round a star template and used adhesive webbing to iron each one onto the blanket. The fluffiness around each star was due to a bit extra webbing being ironed on but after a wash and iron it looks brilliant! So quick and so easy. And now I have a new blanket!

Linds x

No comments:

Post a Comment