Wednesday 20 August 2014

Our week in review!

Last week Luke was off from work and we had decided as soon as I got pregnant that we weren't going to go on holiday as we wanted to save and buy the news bits we needed.

So we spent the week doing things we don't usually get time to do. As a family we don't get one whole day together in the week at all. Luke works all week and then Saturday is either cricket or football and Sunday I'm at work. We try to squeeze swimming in Saturday mornings but days out together are a rarity.

So Monday we wrapped up and took a picnic to Attenborough Nature Reserve. I say it's like a hidden gem as to get there you drive through a big shopping centre thinking you're not going to find it and then bam! It's like piece of heaven, hidden away from the hustle and bustle.
Then we decided to visit Luke's granddad as we haven't been for a while, which was nice. Then in the evening my mum babysat Ben and me and Luke went to watch Inbetweeners at the cinema which was fab! However I was gobsmacked at the prices, which isn't a surprise! £17.41 for two tickets and £11.50 for 2 scoops of B&J ice cream and a regular combo deal of popcorn and drink. No wonder the cinema trade is dying! We could go for a meal at that price.

At Attenborough Nature Reserve
Tuesday I was at work so Luke packed up another picnic and took Ben to watch the Derbyshire cricket. I can't believe Ben loves it already and keeps asking for his own cricket bat. Definitely must be a boy thing!

Wednesday we had planned to go to Skegness for the day but the weather was a little gloomy and we decided against it. We then headed off to Rushcliffe Country Park for a walk round and Ben played on the recently renovated play area which even I wanted to go on. Suddenly it started pouring it down and everyone started running back to their cars so we did too as it turned really cold! Ben didn't understand the emergency and decided to have a paddy. Pfft. In the evening I made some chocolate brownies as I couldn't bear to watch an episode of Great British Bake Off without cake!



Thursday I had the midwife and then I went with my sister to get her A Level results. To celebrate we all went to the Harvester for lunch which I can honestly say is totally underrated! Not been for ages and forgot how good it was. In the afternoon, we came home, got in comfy clothes and spent the rest of the day watching films.

Friday I booked off work. As Ben was at nursery it meant me and Luke could spend the day together. We spent the morning doing the food shopping and then went to Morrison's for breakfast. We are like little old people already as while we waited for our food we spent the time doing crosswords and word searches! Then we nipped to a few charity shops scouring things for the house but only came away with a few books. Around 4pm we went to the local pub park and I had a small white wine and Luke had a beer and we shared some cheesy nachos. Then suddenly, my mum, dad and auntie, uncle and cousin (who are currently over from South Africa) joined us and after I went to collect Ben from nursery around 5ish, we spent the whole evening there.

We love simple things and believe you don't have to spend a fortune to have a lot of fun! I hope we are building the memories that Ben will start to remember and look back on in his childhood.

Linds xx

No comments:

Post a Comment