Thursday 27 February 2014

This week's Organic Veg Box

 

 
Tonight I received my £15 Organic Veg box from Trinity Farm. I am so chuffed with what we received I can't contain my excitement! And yes I get excited about organic produce and I don't care! For £15 I received:
  1. 1 huge green pepper
  2. 3 onions
  3. 6 red potatoes
  4. 2 leeks
  5. handful of carrots
  6. 2 garlic bulbs
  7. 3 beetroot
  8. 1 cucumber
  9. handful of cherry tomatoes on the vine
  10. bag of kale
  11. 3 lemons
  12. 3 clementines/satsumas (not entirely sure)
  13. 2 avocados
  14. 5 apples
When I added this up in my head roughly from what I can remember at Morrison's it wouldn't be too far off £15 anyway so I feel extremely happy paying the extra amount knowing the goodness outweighs price by far.
 
So how am I going to use the produce in the week and plan meals around it. Well I will show you.
 

Saturday - Spag Bol with organic onion, organic mushrooms (from last weeks box) and organic green pepper and carrots.
Sunday - Jacket Spuds (I work on Sunday's so something simple which Luke can prepare!)
Monday - Sausage and Lentil Casserole with organic onions and garlic.
Tuesday - PANCAKE DAY using organic lemons of course ;)
Wednesday - Haddock and Leek Pie - using organic onion, leeks and potatoes
Thursday - Aldi special pizza, homemade organic potato garlic thins and mushy peas.

Midweek lunch - garlicky kale and butter bean salad using organic kale and garlic.

All the salad bits and fruit will be used for Luke's work lunch and mine and Ben's consumption. The beetroot I am considering making a healthier alternative beetroot chocolate cake. The carrots will also be munched on raw with hummus throughout the week too.

I like to make sure there is no waste at all. I do still have to nip to the shops and buy berries and bananas and spinach but I am sure as the months go buy and these come into season I won't need to.

I'd love to be able to buy organic everything including eggs and meat but that's not currently feasible for us so I feel this little step in the right direction is a positive starting point.

Have you started to buy anything organic?

No comments:

Post a Comment