Monday 30 June 2014

Strawberry Fever

Winding through the tiny village, with chocolate box houses and pastel painted village shops, the 'Scaddow Farm - Pick Your Own' sign glittered in the sunlight to my eyes like a lighthouse to a boat.

We had finally arrived! Strawberry picking season is so exciting to me. It is something so simple but it offers so much pleasure. At the farm we went to, they allow you to pick your own strawberries, gooseberries, black currants, red currants, blackberries and raspberries but for today I fancied nothing more than a punnet of strawberries.


My aim was to start to give Benjamin a little insight into where his food comes from. However, after gobbling a few strawberries he was more interesting in galloping between the rows of lush strawberry plants than help us pluck some strawberries.

I, on the other hand was in my element. Rustic nature in it's purest form. Pulling back the green leaves to discover ruby jewels. It can only be compared to digging for gold I'm sure!



Unfortunately, I am not making jam. We don't really eat it anyway and I know I could give little jars away as gifts but I just don't fancy it this year. I want to enjoy the strawberry in all it's strawberry delight and try to eat it in a few different ways for pudding each night.


Tonight was cocoa dusted meringue nests, whipped double cream and strawberries. What more shouts 'summer'?

I think I will be going to sleep very happy tonight. (Yes, I am easily pleased!)

Linds xx

No comments:

Post a Comment