Thursday 12 June 2014

Getting into the swing of things...

A week or so after I found out I was pregnant all my healthy/eating clean/nutrition conscious efforts went out of the window. I was horrendously naughty and as I couldn't face cooking it meant I resorted to all time low levels. Dare I say it...I visited McDonalds probably once a week and it was heaven. The sweet and salty carbohydrate packed meal was curing my every need. I went off a lot of food and my palet preferred bland, nothing meals like jacket potato (not even sweet potatoes...eek!) or cheese on toast. Meals that would just fill a hole. And even though I knew this was the most important time for my baby and whatever I was eating the baby was eating, it still didn't stop me.

But for the past week or so I have been feeling normal(ish) and I have actually been fancying healthy foods again! I love making fruit salads and recently made smoothie ice lollies. I love salad laden dishes, preferably with some sort of sour vinaigrette dressing or coleslaw.

Shredded mushroom & cheese omelette on a bed of salad with sundried tomatoes and coleslaw.
 
DIY Pasta Bar Lunch- Pasta, mixed bean salad, eggs, bed of salad, coleslaw
 
Prawn and Spinach Linguini
 
Organic Blood Orange
It's funny what your body tells you to do but I recommend just going with the flow. It's not forever and before you know it, baby will be here and I'll be being extremely good again!

Linds x

No comments:

Post a Comment