Saturday 14 June 2014

A Herby Treat

It was my birthday a couple of weeks ago and I felt rather depressed as everything I wanted to do, e.g. drink cocktails and go to Alton Towers, I couldn't.
But it ended up being a nice day spent with family and friends. My mum and dad popped round in the morning and made a full cooked breakfast which was delicious and my sister made me a fantastic trifle instead of a birthday cake. Usually, I hate trifle and I'm always the one to make the Christmas buffet trifle but can never face eating it myself. And now that I'm pregnant its been something I'm reeeeally fancying...strange!
My dad also said to me he wanted to get me something nice for my birthday and asked if I would like some maternity clothes or something for the baby. 'NO!' I retorted but as a joke said I'd much prefer a Michael Kors purse knowing it was a bit pricey. And look what he pretended he'd left in the car...


Anyway, what I am getting round to is that I got given a bit of cash for my birthday and naturally spent most of it as soon as possible. But with my last £10 I found the most adorable thing that I just had to buy.


Wandering around Homebase for Fathers Day Ideas, I ended up spotting something for myself (which is sort of always what happens when you know you shouldn't be looking for yourself)
I grow herbs in my windowsill but put them on random plates which end up looking dirty and they tend to get overgrown quickly. But this herb tray containing 'bronze fennel', 'mint', 'parsley' and 'rosemary' was a bargain at £10!! It stays in the garden in this cute wooden box and I can nip out all year round to snip off whatever I need.
Originally I thought the 'bronze fennel' was dill as I had never heard of fennel as a herb. And since looking online I have discovered it is edible but a lot of people don't like the taste so I might dig that one up and replace with coriander or basil.

I know it might sound like a boring present but to me I love presents I can use. My purse I use every single day and organise it into compartments, e.g. coupons, important reward cards, postage stamps and loyalty cards (yes I am a bit OCD with my purse) and my herbs I use almost every day in my cooking.
Money well spent I say!

Linds x


No comments:

Post a Comment