Wednesday 2 October 2013

Benjamin Birthday Planning

I know it's a while off but next month Benjamin will be turning TWO and I am deciding on how to celebrate and what presents to buy.

Now in terms of party idea's I cannot wait to hire out a venue and invite all his friends...however he is only going to be two. He doesn't have heaps of friends and I don't think he will remember or appreciate it if I spend £150 hiring out a soft play centre. I would much rather do that when he is a couple of years older and understands what is going on.

For his 1st birthday we had a big family party and probably spent more than £150 on buffet, drinks and decoration when we totted it all up.

I'm not saying I don't want to spend money on his birthday because I understand it is only one day of the year but right now, although he is becoming more and more aware, I just don't feel its a necessity to throw a lavish party for a two year old.

Cool cake idea - Pinterest
Luke has booked the day off and I thought it would be nice if we either went swimming or a walk somewhere with our wellies on. Or, because Ben is obsessed with every aeroplane he spots flying overhead, we were thinking of going to the viewing platform at East Midlands airport. Maybe have a spot of lunch somewhere nice. Also, I was going to make a cake and then in the evening keep the house as an 'open evening' for anyone who wants to pop over and see him. This is just a rough plan and I'm sure he will have a lot of fun (and us!).

He is being bought a lot of presents such as 'My First Scooter' and 'Push-a-long Motorbike' and I think my mum is buying him a pop up teepee/den type of thing. I thought me and Luke could put some money in his bank account so that in the summer months next year we can treat him to something nice.

What are you doing for your children's birthday's?

No comments:

Post a Comment