Monday 7 October 2013

Matlock - Fish 'n' Chips, 2p Machines and River Lights.

I have done a fair bit of overtime this week at work to cover people and help out a little. I don't normally like doing but I need to be flexible. It resulted in me working all this weekend just past and I missed Luke and Ben a lot so on Sunday once I finished work, we headed straight for Matlock.
We had a stroll past all of the shops and happened to linger in front of a shop called 'Fabric Design'

Image sourced from their web site.

We played in the arcade and changed too many pound coins into 2p's. Darn those machines, why are they so addictive?!
We marvelled at the huge array of motorbikes and their owners. Some of them look scary with their leather outfits and studs and spikes!
Ben had a play on the swings and then we stopped off for fish and chips. They were so good. I love a naughty treat now and again. (Or every day in my case - woops!) I forgot to take my camera so that is why I am rambling on rather than showing you the things we did.

And today we went to Marks and Spencer to get Luke a suit for an upcoming wedding we are going to and a lady must have overheard us talking about how much it was going to add up to and she gave us a 20% off voucher! My faith in man kind is restored! I haven't received such generosity in a long time. Then, Luke and Ben went for a hair cut much to Ben's dismay. I have to bribe him with copious amounts of chocolate buttons whilst Luke wedges his head still and try to stop his screaming. It's a traumatic experience to say the least!

We returned home and Luke decided to build a mini bird table with some scrap wood and I made some chocolate smartie cookies as my friend and her 2 year old daughter are coming over the day after tomorrow for lunch. I am making us the Pea and Courgette soup I showed you in this post and will add a granary cob.


This is before they went in the oven. They came out twice the size and all joined together. I made two trays so I will be packing some up in Luke's lunch boxes. These are the nicest, gooey-ist, chocolatey cookies I have made for a while. They are soft inside, on par with Millie's Cookie's which I adore. Luke is trying to be good so do you think he will believe me if I pretend they are low cal?

And to top it all off, Luke surprised me with a bunch of flowers. I am a lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment