Wednesday 2 October 2013

My Bookcase




I love my book case. I find comfort in choosing the next book to read or flicking through a book I have previously read. Sorting them into order of favourites and observing what sort of reader I am. I sound strange, I know but I don't care.
Whether I'm on a sunny warm beach soaking up the rays or snuggling under the duvet drifting off to sleep. Whether it's a lazy Sunday afternoon with a cup of coffee or midweek once Benjamin has gone to bed there is always time to read.

Above I have shared with you a selection of photo's from my book case. The first picture is a selection of my cookery books and the second are my craft books. The third and fourth are a series of books which I have collected over time.

The Agatha Raisin Series are slightly old fashioned books however they are so easy to read if I am in between books or just want something light and humorous to read.

The No1 Ladies Detective Agency books by Alexander McAll Smith are a detective themed series based in Botswana. I haven't got the all of them yet however I urge you to read these as they are truly magical. There was a TV Series based on them a while ago but it wasn't the same as the books.

I have compiled a small list of websites I look to for inspiration on new books or ideas.

1) Richard and Judy Book Club - Sounds an obvious one but I do enjoy a lot of their recommendations. A few times a year they release a list of books which they have read and think we will love as much as they do.

2) W6 Book Cafe on Twitter and Facebook - A Book Club/Cafe set up by HarperFictions and they provide you with their latest releases and also run competitions to win free copies.

3) The Willoughby Book Club - An East Midlands based young business about how a couple's love of reading turned into a business idea. In their words 'A personalised Book Subscription for the Bookworm in your life'. By choosing a category such as 'Bespoke Book Club', 'Contemporary Book Club', 'Classic Book Club' or a variety of others you can pay up front and each month the recipient will receive a book wrapped lovingly for their perusal. The idea is that they introduce you to new books that might not be heard of just yet. You can have personalised messages and they offer book subscriptions for children - perfect for present ideas. This is a business idea I wish I had thought of!

4) http://chicklitchloe.blogspot.co.uk/ -  I am not a huge 'chick lit' fan however some of the reviews that Chloe writes make me want to buy the book! She is sent books to review and gives her honest opinion even if she doesn't like it. She reads over a 100 chick lit books a year so she knows what she is talking about!

I have caved in and I am (fingers crossed) getting a Kindle for Christmas. Didn't think I would ever want one but as time if moving on and technology is evolving I should really see what all the fuss is about. I will never stop buying books and I will always support Waterstones and I will always peruse my book case but I actually feel excited about getting a Kindle!

No comments:

Post a Comment