Tuesday 15 October 2013

October

October is the beginning of all the enjoyable occasions such as Halloween, Bonfire Night and our son's 2nd birthday. I also feel October is an acceptable time to commence Christmas excitement, even if it commenced in secret a month or so ago for myself. I enjoy planning gifts to buy for everyone and even when money is tight, giving is still a very good feeling.
October reminds me why I would never emigrate from this country. I love our seasons and Autumn is by far the best. Why are fluffy, thick socks and cable knit jumpers so appealing? Autumnal fashion is my favourite too. That ultimate decision of 'yes, today I am going to wear my winter coat AND my scarf'

Sourced from Pinterest
The crisp mid-morning light fools us into thinking there is warmth outside, that is until the fresh air hits us straight in the face. The nights start to draw in and the curtains start to close earlier and earlier. The late summer evening buzz begins to hush as everyone retreats indoors to their fire lit homes.

Sourced from Pinterest.
"Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the Autumn tree." - Emily Bronte

No comments:

Post a Comment