Thursday 3 July 2014

An Honest Answer

We are currently renting our home, after unexpectedly falling pregnant at 20, we didn't have the funding behind us to put a secure deposit down on a first home. With not much time to think we ended up renting a small two up two down terrace.

As a would be first time buyer, stepping onto the property ladder is an intimidating prospect. There is so much involved with moving house and with the property market prices soaring even higher it makes it even more difficult.

When Knight Frank got in contact with me to review their short debate films on everything you need to know about moving house with an honest answer, I was intrigued. It was quite refreshing to be able to hear the truth about estate agents these days from varying valuation prices to which investment mortgage to choose. So I agreed.

Moving house is such a precious event in the current financial state of the nation and estate agents are at the brunt of a lot of criticism. I have only just been made aware of online estate agents by a friend who is moving house, which to me seems daft and takes away the personal touch of the trade. And if you've ever wondered why estate agents fees differ between different companies it is all explained in the videos.  

My favourite debate was about investment mortgages and whether to choose fixed or variable interest rates as this is something I would not know where to start as it seems almost a gamble.

 

Simon Gammon, Marketing Partner of Knight Frank Finance explains jargon-free his personal opinion on the best current option. For people taking on their first mortgage and deciding between fixed and variable mortgages, beware that interest rates are set to rise next year and so fixing your mortgage is a safer option.
 
I learnt it is important to check the year ahead and see if there will be any change in the interest rates as this is an important factor and could potentially save the hassle of extortionate payments.
 
I urge you to have a look at the other 5 video debates which can be watched here as I learnt a lot.
 
Thank you for asking me to watch your videos. Here is my honest answer in relation to them.
 
Linds xx

No comments:

Post a Comment