Wednesday 16 July 2014

It's a...

*drum roll* BOY! Another boy! I am definitely going to have my hands full but Luke is pleased his football team is on the way to being complete. Everything was healthy and looked as it should so we are both really chuffed. I personally think it makes it more real when you find out what you're having and you can plan and imagine the future.

I've been desperately waiting to find out what I'm having as it means I can begin crafting again! Yes, I know I could have started before but I really wanted to start once I found out the gender.

So today when Benjamin and I popped to the library, I happened to spot this book.


Although this book is great, the majority of the crafts are aimed at little girls rather than little boys and I think that's a shame. I'm trying to think of ways to adapt the crafts to suit boys too.

I'm aiming to use fabrics I already have plus old shirts my dad was throwing out, fabric from charity shops and cut offs from eBay. People who like to craft often sell FQ's and other odd sizes for next to nothing on eBay. For example, I have just won a large piece (50cm x 75cm) of the most adorable dinosaur fabric which I know will be perfect for a cushion front. I won it today so I couldn't take a picture but as soon as I get it I will.

I'm hoping to not buy hardly anything new but just use my imagination. I was sorting out Ben's old baby blankets yesterday and he has quite a few random, plain white cotton blankets. I'm thinking of doing some applique to freshen these up and make them unique.

I'd like to make some simple bibs or dribble bibs. In the free bounty pack all pregnant women get, I received a white Persil baby towel, which I plan to cut up and use for the backing. And I have some leftover farm yard fabric to use for the front. Effectively this will be a free craft.

I will need some new bunting and I might personalise it with babies name on as Ben has his own personalised bunting. Bunting never gets old either. It's such a quick, effective craft that can spruce up any room.

Other items I've thought of are more cushions, door stop and simple toys e.g. soft building blocks.

As I go along I intend to document what I make and share with you, however as of next Monday, Ben finishes Playgroup for 6 weeks which means I will have NO spare time apart from the evenings and that is usually when I flop.

Glad to be feeling inspired again.

Linds x

1 comment:

  1. Yay, so exciting. Looking forward to reading about all of your crafts. xx

    ReplyDelete