Thursday 3 July 2014

Mum of the Year

This was a competition entry to nominate your mum for Mum of the Year so I decided to do a poem of course!

Mum of the Year? I hear you ask
They're all the same you see
The exception is that with my mum
She had to put up with me!

From raging hormones to teenage angst
Mum refereed a sibling brawl
and even through my gothic stage
She said she didn't mind at all!

Mum has been so supportive
especially when times have been tough
She couldn't believe it when I at 20
Said surprise I'm up the duff!

A grandson was born and in true style,
his liveliness made her get fitter
And when I needed a night away
Mum was my chief babysitter.

You'll usually find her on the Kindle
Or cooking up a tasty treat
She loves painting oil pictures
But hates keeping the house neat.

She's creative and witty
and one-of-a-kind
She's positive and generous
The best role model you'll find.

I worry I won't be as good a mum
This is one thing I fear
In my eyes she's just too good to be true
So let her win Mum of the Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment