Tuesday 5 November 2013

What do you consider a treat?

Some people may say a shopping spree or a holiday, a trip to the cinema or a meal out.

For me? It is as simple as a lie in any time past 6:30am, a spontaneous hug from Benjamin, an hour alone on my sewing machine or a Saturday visiting friends and family.

I have truly learnt the value of money since moving out of my parents house and having Benjamin. I have learnt to budget, to plan menu's and to say no to things when I can't afford them. I have turned into less of a materialistic person too. I never look for things such as clothes and make up for myself but rather I look for clothes for Benjamin and offers on bath products. And spending time with family and friends or enjoying time in my own home, free of charge is much more full filling.

Sounds silly but sometimes it's more fun not having loads of money (I'm sure if I had money I might not be saying this!) What I mean is it's nice planning and organising where your money will be going for the month, any money you put away for savings feels really worth while and any item you buy which you have saved up for will be so much more appreciated.

You begin to train your eye to spot offers, free events, coupon collection deals and money off vouchers. For example, I am shopping at Morrisons at the moment so that I can take part in their Christmas Bonus deal. Collect 9 tokens over 10 weeks when you spend £40 or more (I always do) and then I get £40 off my final Christmas shop in December. Well, for me this is ace because I don't need a specific Christmas shop as we eat at our parents so this means I can stock up on meat to freeze and maybe the odd tipple or two...

What about you? What do you consider a treat?


No comments:

Post a Comment