Wednesday 6 November 2013

Recent Book Reading


This book is one I would never, ever choose to read. It shouts love - heartbreak - and then a happily ever after, predictable story line. I rarely read a girly, chick lit type book but my mum recommended this to me and assured me it was really worth a read and I am so glad I did. I couldn't wait to read the next page and the story line was actually rather UNpredictable!
It follows Holly, a single mum who one day comes across a charm bracelet at work in her Vintage shop. After having her own charm bracelet since a young girl and knowing how much it means to her, she decides to embark on a journey to return the charm bracelet to its rightful owner by working out what each of the charms mean. Sounds a bit watery when I write the plot out but you can't guess where she ends up and it is quite a magical tale set in the weeks leading up to Christmas in a bustling New York scene.


The book I am currently reading is The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck. I absolutely love reading books about other cultures and discovering stories about how they lived many years ago. I will give a full review once I have finished it but if you are considering a new book, I definitely recommend this so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment