Tuesday 5 November 2013

Recently

Recently life has been moving far to quick for my liking. Surely Christmas can't be just 7 weeks away? I know I have been excited about it but it is creeping up on us just a little too quickly. When I know it is almost Christmas I always know it is almost New Year and I am not ready for 2014. I am still quite enjoying 2013 and can't get my head around it being almost over.

I feel like at the start of this year there was so much to look forward to such as weddings and holidays and Benjamin milestones and now I look back at them in the past. They're just in my memory now.


Recently we went to an amazing wedding at Peckforton Castle, in Cheshire. Free bar, stunning 3 course meal, hog roast, out of this world four poster bed. Need I say more?


 
 

The wedding had an amazing Autumnal theme running throughout. As you drove up to the castle there were pumpkins all along the drawbridge walls, with carved out hearts and tea lights flickering within. The whole ceremony area had scented tea lights and cinnamon sticks creating the most warming, atmospheric reception. The table plan was in an ice sculpture with fallen leaves and conkers which I thought was so unique.

It really made me consider an Autumnal wedding! You know, if Luke was to EVER propose. (Hint Hint Luke) I mean, you know what you are getting with the weather and you can make such a cosy, lovely wedding using some of natures products!

Benjamin stayed at my parents for the weekend so it was a real treat for me and Luke to spend a night together not having to worry about anything. It is important to have these moments together as we are still a couple, not just mum and dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment