Wednesday 6 November 2013

£2.50 Table Lamp and Benjamin Bedroom Overview


I have been searching high and low for a table lamp for Benjamin's bedroom that didn't cost the earth. Places such as Dunelm, Matalan or BHS had a small range of lamps with nothing that fit the bill. One that I found was on the Laura Ashley website and it had a white base with a blue gingham shade however I couldn't justify paying £35 for a lamp plus p&p. I like classic designs and it seemed that I couldn't get one anywhere for a reasonable price.

Whilst I was at a car boot earlier this year I picked up the above lamp shade for 50p. It was brand new in its packaging and I thought it would be the perfect size for his room. All I needed now was a base and I found the design I liked in a charity shop for £1.50. Admittedly, it was dark brown and had a horrid shade attached to it but I saw past that and using the white paint I had used for the book shelf I painted over it. Once it was dry I sanded a couple of areas to give it a slight shabby chic effect and then the lamp shade fit perfectly.

When I look around Benjamin's room I absolutely love it as I feel it is personal to us. I also appreciate how little money I've actually spent on it and yet how effective it is. Yes it is a bit mix and match and not everything flows but that is almost what makes it work.

Bedside table was in the sale for £20


Alexander Clarke Print found in charity shop for £2.50

Upcycled Chest of drawers

Peek inside Benjamin's wardrobe showcasing all of grandma's hand knitted jumpers.
When you have a baby on the way it is easy to get swayed into Mama's and Papa's complete Nursery collection but I urge you to think twice as the majority of it is only used for a short period of time and by using different bits and bobs you can make it unique to you and your baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment