Thursday 21 November 2013

I'm Feeling CRAFTY!





As the build up to Christmas is getting near I am certainly getting in the spirit. I can't believe that in one week and three days it will be December and that means we are allowed to go out and buy our tree *squeals with excitement*. This year, we will buy it from our local farm Bluebells Dairy as they are grown locally and that feels good to me.
Last week my mum presented me with a surprise and it was the most amazing surprise ever! I'm really hard to surprise as I snoop everything out but this...THIS I never found out about. My mum has been working hard for months on the advent calender above. It's for Benjamin and now we have a little heirloom that will stay in the family. Apparently she was supposed to give it me sooner but my dad ate all of the chocolates in the pockets so mum had to buy some more.
I am also enjoying sherry at the minute. I have only ever tried Harvey's Bristol Cream but I decided to go for it and buy Aldi's own version and I honestly couldn't tell the difference. I could tell the difference when I saw the change in my purse!





 
I have been making a lot of bunting lately as presents for Christmas. I think it so much fun to make, it is quick and yet makes a lovely gift that someone can decorate their room with. Paris, butterfly's, flowers you name it! You can just use leftover scraps of fabric and it still looks effective.
The last picture is of a gift my friend Sarah over at Sarah's Witters made for Benjamin's birthday. She is really good at felt craft and I was so chuffed that she made this and I could display on Ben's door. I've ordered a couple of bits off her for Christmas presents as I really love hand made presents and hope others will too.
 
Are you feeling festive yet!? How are you preparing for it? 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your kind words. I love to make and receive homemade gifts and I'm glad you feel the same. xx

    ReplyDelete