Saturday 8 November 2014

'Dum Dum de Dum...All Dressed in White...'



Arghh! Look who got engaged!

On Sunday 5th October, Luke said we needed to pop and see his granddad (who happens to live just around the corner from the church where we first met at my friends wedding - however this did not register to me at all). Instead of continuing on to his granddads house, he turned into the long driveway of the church and I did my usual, nagging him as to why he had gone off track, until he pulled over. He told me to get out (I still had no clue as to what was happening) and when I turned round he was down on one knee! I couldn't believe it!

Only that week had I jokingly warned him that if he proposed I might not cry as everyone calls me the ice dragon, but there I was sobbing my heart out. Of course I said yes amidst blubbering and he bought out a bottle of champagne.

What I loved about how he did it was that it was so understated and yet so meaningful (once I worked out that's where we first met...) There was no-one around, there was no fancy restaurant, no over the top arrangement in place and most importantly I had NO idea it was coming. I have a sneaky way of discovering hidden plans/surprises so the boy did good.

We have already booked the wedding already for next year, August 30th and I can't flippin' wait! Just need to get this baby out (3 weeks to go) and lose some weight ready to try on some dresses!

Anyway, think I'll float off in my romantic dreaming bubble now...

Linds xx

No comments:

Post a Comment