Saturday 28 December 2013

Post Christmas CLEAN UP.

In the run up to Christmas, organising everything, doing overtime at work, trying to see everyone, Benjamin getting ill followed by me and what with Luke's dad being in hospital I realise now I have completely forgotten to look after myself.

I got a cold which took ages to get over and my skin is spotty and disgusting. I haven't been eating right, partly for lack of money and mostly for lack of time SORRY JAMIE OLIVER! (I know it's possible to eat good without both of those things but sometimes you just can't) I know I don't do exercise because I am constantly on my feet all day with Benjamin but I can tell my belly is less taught than it used to be (actually, I don't think it ever was?!)

I realise these are all common feelings around this time of year when everyone is wanting to detox after Christmas but I'm not going to make drastic changes, just necessary steps to make me feel a little happier with myself.

1) For example, last night I just pampered myself and shaved/tweaked all necessary areas (i.e. eyebrows, legs etc...), I applied a face mask and moisturised my whole body. I know this sounds silly but I literally haven't done this for so long!

2) I made myself a salad from my Food Doctor book. It is simple, wholesome and healthy!


3) Today I polished all my leather footwear so it felt like new again. Just doing something little to what I own can make a big difference if you can't afford to buy new footwear all the time. It's not about buying new things, it's about buying good quality items and looking after them!


4) I've turned ORGANIC. Where I can afford to anyway. Me and my parents are really into organic products not just because it's a fad but because it's a lifestyle change. With all these parabens floating about in beauty products you just don't know what you are putting into your body so for Christmas I got lots of The Green People goodies including shampoo and moisturiser - they actually work! We have also (on our tight budget) decided to buy important food items organic where we can. If you think of a non-organic carrot being sprayed with chemicals, it's quite easy to wash a carrot and peel it. If you think about the structure of a non-organic broccoli after being sprayed with chemicals, all those little holes will be filled with chemicals and it will be hard to get out.

5) I've decided to slow down our life a little. I'm going to try not to dash here, there and everywhere and fill every single day of my week up with plans. Yes it's nice to be busy, but most of my weeks have been none stop and I need to appreciate the odd day 'off'

6) I've had a ten minute pilates DVD in our TV cabinet for over a year now but never done it. I can't afford a gym membership and don't fancy running on the streets so I'm going to dig it out again and do this now that Benjamin is in playgroup for two mornings a week.

Hopefully, if I stick to these my skin and overall well being will improve. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment