Friday 27 December 2013

And then it was over..

Bye bye Christmas of 2013. Cannot believe you have been and gone already.

December seems to be over before I even had time to breathe. It always is a busy month with so much preparation and organisation, not including that this time we had a family trauma with my 'father-in-law' having a serious accident and spending most of the month in an induced coma. He seems to be on the up now but we spent most nights visiting Notts QMC Intensive care unit and the whole thing has been physically and mentally draining.

Christmas wasn't, for us, a happy, jolly time as usual but we still made the best of it at my parent's house where we indulged in far too much alcohol and rich food, spent a lot of quality time with the family and tried to recharge the batteries. We ended up dashing here and there quite a lot and I look forward to one day having a large enough house to host Christmas at ours but in our little two up two down we just haven't got the room.

Here are a few of my presents.




I am now looking forward to rolling into a new year and seeing what 2014 brings. I know this probably sounds premature but we have taken down our Christmas tree already only for the fact that most of the needles dropped on the floor and the tree was almost bare and it really frustrated me how much extra hoovering I had to do! (Eurgh, who wants to do more of that?!)
Today was our first full day back home and we mainly spent it catching up on jobs; washing and ironing,  washing the cars, hoovering and sorting out our presents into new little homes. I also made a Sally Bee butternut squash and carrot soup for us three for today and tomorrow to inject some much needed vegetables into our systems. And for tea I made a simple butternut squash risotto which was divine. I am, however, now all butternut squashed out.


We usually like to go for a big boxing day walk but because Luke's dad is out of action we are going to wait until he is better to do that. And today was far too windy to go for a walk, especially as Benjamin's head might have got blown off. I know there is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing but when you have a little one it's never that easy.

I am currently counting down the minutes to Benjamin's bed time so I can curl up on the sofa with my new Kindle. I don't know why but whenever I get it out when he is around it  just attracts him like a magnet and he tries to touch the screen which is FORBIDDEN.

TTFN X

No comments:

Post a Comment