Tuesday 16 September 2014

30 Weeks

I do like a good pair of baps!
The above picture was taken of me last week at work whilst I put the bread delivery out. Then it occurred to me that this week see's me entering the 30 week mark of pregnancy and that I only have 4 weeks left of work. Not that I am unhappy about finishing work but it's the realisation that very soon there is going to be another baby here (exciting). And that means I will have been through labour one more time and I can't bear to think about it! (scary)

I didn't have a great first labour. It was very long, very painful and my memory of it is a total blur. I seem to be the only one out of my 'mum' friends that had a difficult time, everyone else seems to ask what I was moaning about. And that makes me feel like I either have a low pain threshold or was just being a huge wimp!

But anyway, I'll go into it again with an open mind. I definitely won't be writing a birth plan and I didn't with the first. Nothing goes to plan so to speak. I'll have any pain relief except pethidine (which doesn't sound open minded I know but I've heard nothing but bad experiences of it) and I'm going to try and remain a bit calmer this time rather than screaming and shouting at the top of my lungs with each contraction. Easier said than done, right?!

I know most people finish work at 36 weeks but with my job, even though I'm only part time, I'm constantly on my feet running around like a blue arsed fly and each shift just about finishes me off. It'll also give me a precious few weeks to spend with Benjamin before the new arrival .

Is anyone else expecting their second? How do you feel about it all?

Linds x

No comments:

Post a Comment